Benefits from Situation Expert
How can you benefit?
You can post a Sitch and get help from others on issues you need answers, solutions or insights. You can invite others to assist you in your Sitch. You can review and publish your progress through the Path to Expertise tool.
What are the benefits to team members?
When someone creates or replies to Sitches, your team develops a pool of valuable answers and insights on the most common issues your team encounters at work. You learn and build expertise by exchanging experiences with your team members.
What are the benefits to your company?
Your company will have a way of helping everyone learn, contribute and build their expertise. Situation Expert helps your company save costs, increase the speed of solutions and improve the company results.
What are the benefits to leaders, learning professionals or knowledge experts?
With your leadership, you help your team members and the company accelerate expertise and skill building. Situation Expert is a way to help teams share actions and knowledge to fix, solve and improve your company's pressing issues and problems. Situation Expert is a solution to problems of talent loss through attrition or turnover. It helps in retaining company wisdom and best practices and improving results and performance by immediate sharing of issues, problems, opportunities, and solutions.
Features of Situation Expert
- Sitches (Situation) Actions - Sitches are situations, jams, issues, errors, gaps, troubles, stoppages, crisis, and many others to fix and solve. They are also opportunities to improve, grow, expand, and introduce better, faster and cheaper ways to get the desired results.
- Workflows - A presentation of visual workflow, scheduler or timing of Sitches, events or learning situation.
- Dynamic Impacts Survey - Instant, short, random, small and flexible surveys to collect, store and process workers’ and learners’ needs based on gaps in work demands. The data is compared with the list of resources, and results are presented to the workers and learners for quick workflow learning.
- Surface & Deep Learning - Tools are micro-interactive “apps” that aid in the “Thinking Through” process when dealing with Sitches (Situations) They enable learners and workers to analyze, create solutions, find patterns, report impacts, and provide learning feedback. The tools include among others: Fishbone Analysis, 80/20 Rules, Gap Analysis, Critical Impacts Study, Mapping, Frames, GroupThink, Pros and Cons, Checklist, Workarounds, What Ifs, Videos, Downloads, Links, and Sense Making.
- Path to Expertise (P2X) - In Situation Expert, your Sitches, comments and other activities are tracked. The purpose of Path2X is to show you the areas of your Path to Expertise - Path2X. You'll see your progress and a general idea of your interest areas. You will also see the topics that you worked on and you can directly access the Sitches from the list. Path2X provides you total points. You can sort by Recent, Expertise Type and Points. One valuable feature of your Path2X records is the display and announcement to your teams and company on how you are building your expertise.
- Curation - Organizing in multiple ways the different content resources and methods to help workers and learners find answers and match the knowledge and information to their Path to Expertise (P2X), interests and need areas.
- Collaborative Learning - These are the different micro-features that encourage free flow of conversations among members to exchange ideas and solutions. These include chats, discussions, notes, and private conversations. The social tools are integrated into all aspects of the system.
- Insights & Reflections - A method that allows learners to submit and store micro-insights from their readings and researches in the system's content. The insights are then compiled to show the learners’ and workers’ Path to Expertise (P2X). The Insights indicate the reflections of the learners’ and workers’ learning paths.
- Advanced Groups - The ability to organize different workers and learners Sitches and Workflows that is unique to a specific department, division, tasks, functions, teams or a specific team of people.
- Members Connections - A method to encourage members to connect, follow and to be followed by peers for the purposes of easy and quick exchanges of experiences, resources, and solutions.
- Content Creation - The ability for account owners, administrators and content writers to create micro-lessons and programs. It allows tagging and naming conventions to track all types of content to support the Deep Learning process. Authors can add pages, videos, images, PDFs, documents, and other types of files.
- Community - A larger way to organize an open interaction by members in the company to preview, share and access peers and resources for the whole organization.
- Messaging and Alerts - In every aspect of the Situation Expert, Messaging and Alerts are in place to help facilitate the exchange of ideas among workers and learners, and help them solve, fix and improve work situations by applying Deep Learning processes.
- Helpdesk - Account owners can use default help guide information. They can also customize and add their own help and support information.
- Support - Account owners can configure their own Support System to receive questions and inquiries, and process and track the issues to ensure that each issue is attended to.
- Journals - It allows members to keep private notes on their discoveries, learnings, and other personal references.
- Path to Expertise (P2X) - In Situation Expert, your Sitches, comments and other activities are tracked. The purpose of Path2X is to show you the areas of your Path to Expertise - Path2X. You'll see your progress and a general idea of your interest areas. You will also see the topics that you worked on and you can access directly the Sitches from the list. Path2X provides you total points. You can sort by Recent, Expertise Type and Points. One valuable feature of your Path2X records is the display and announcement to your teams and company on how you are building your expertise.
- Deep Smarts - A recognition method where members provide feedback and extend awards to postings and sharing of knowledge that meet the Deep Learning deliberate thinking process.
- Analytics / Metrics - A series of visual reports that captures dynamic data on Path to Expertise, Insights, Deep Learning Progress, Dynamic Impacts Surveys, Connections and Networks, Resources Utilized, Insights, Journals, Deep Smarts, and members progress tracking.
- XAPI - The Experience API (or xAPI) is a new specification for learning technology that makes it possible to collect data on the wide range of experiences a member has in Situation Expert. This API captures, in a consistent format, data from a member or group's activities in the different parts of Situation Expert. Account owners also have the option to report and integrate the data and reports in their LRS or tracking system.